HOME | ABOUT | FORUM | FILES | ARTICLES | MULTIPLAYER | FAQ | STORE | GALLERY
Terms of use • Privacy statement  

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Xp11 training site, A training ground we can all use soon?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
NCD
(HC070NC)

Group: Certified Pilot INav
Posted: Sep. 12 2017,01:13

I put together a training facility for XP11 that's located in New Zealand... a magnificent country that apparently no one else in VATSIM ever bothers to visit.

EDIT:
Porting scenery from XP to FS is well known but the other way, FS to XP, is apparently considered impossible. Therefore, I'm working on an ortho photo and instructions to place a runway and a few simple items that will *functionally* duplicate what is in XP so that people can practice together and coach each other.

Speaking of multiplayer... All other options have been tried and explored but, for now, the only free service that everyone can use on both sims is AVSIM. That may change if the dev behind JoinFS is able to get XP implementation going this fall but for now we're stuck with AVSIM, like it or not.

It's not so bad... the whole area we'd use is uncontrolled airspace. I've yet to see an ATC controller take that zone so we can just do whatever, the same as we've always done here. I'm afraid that KMSO will fall under a controller as often as not, which might complicate things. This is one reason I chose New Zealand... another is the landscape we can do flights through is amazing!

Back to the scenery... The eye candy will differ from one sim to the next but functionally you'll never notice as long as the following are correctly placed:

Spawns
Runway
Hover Circles
Boxes
Pylons

A good hover over a circle in one sim will still be a good hover over that same circle in the other. The boxes and circles are the same photo pasted to the ground in both sims, so they'll look exactly the same.

I'm workin' on it...

Scott

Edited by NCD on Sep. 13 2017,10:58
Profile PM WEB 
EJJC
(HC297EJ)

Group: Member
Posted: Sep. 12 2017,11:27

Hi Scott,
Do you know if it is possible for xp10 users to be online with xp11 users?

Thanks in advance,

Erik

PS awesome scenery!
Profile PM 
NCD
(HC070NC)

Posted: Sep. 12 2017,21:24

Yea that's just standard VATSIM. Look up Xsquawkbox
Profile PM WEB 
NCD
(HC070NC)

Posted: Sep. 13 2017,10:59

Please see the above edits to the OP. They explain the current status and an easy way to be able to have both XP and FS pilots in the same server, seeing the same things and practicing together.
Profile PM WEB 
OzWookiee
(HC842OZ)

Posted: Sep. 17 2017,22:12

Lyndiman has done a great job of doing the whole of NZ in Ortho with 30m Mesh that you could use: https://lyndiman.com/lyndimans-new-zealand-ortho-photography-set/

Looking forward to hooking up and learning with you guys soon!
(Came here after watching a YT video from one of your members)

--------------
----
Where possible OzWookiee prefers to fly freeware aircraft and scenery with all credit where possible and refer to himself in the third person.
Profile PM 
yonker
(HC106YO)

Posted: Sep. 22 2017,19:05

NCD
Just done a practise run over the NZ scenery, looks great, except for the scenery load error.
Posted it on the ORG.

WARNING: texture Custom Scenery/NZHTG Helo Training Ctr (Fictional) v2/Pad1.dds has a size that is not a power of 2; it may not render correctly.
WARNING: texture Custom Scenery/NZHTG Helo Training Ctr (Fictional) v2/Pad2.dds has a size that is not a power of 2; it may not render correctly.
WARNING: texture Custom Scenery/NZHTG Helo Training Ctr (Fictional) v2/Pad1.dds has a size that is not a power of 2; it may not render correctly.
WARNING: texture Custom Scenery/NZHTG Helo Training Ctr (Fictional) v2/Pad3.dds has a size that is not a power of 2; it may not render correctly.
Profile PM 
5 replies since Sep. 12 2017,01:13 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]